Adult Hockey League Mission Statement
The Indian Hill Winter Club is dedicated to providing opportunities for adults to play hockey in a safe and controlled environment. This is achieved through the enforcement of league rules and stressing the importance of good sportsmanship at all times toward their opponents and officials.
IHWC will provide every player the avenue to learn, develop, and enjoy the sport of Ice Hockey. Players must be at least 18 years old to play in IHWC Adult League NO EXCEPTIONS.
1. All games will be played with three twenty minute periods. All periods will be running time. When the last 3 minutes of a game is tied or a 1 goal differential the game will be played with a stop clock.
2. If a game is tied at end of regulation we will play 3 on 3 for 5 minutes sudden death. If still tied at end of 5 minutes game will end in a TIE. Subs are not permitted to participate in the Overtime.
3. Warm-up duration will be 3 minutes. The Game Official will put 23 minutes on the clock and it is entirely up to the teams to be ready to start the game at the 20 minute mark.
4. Between periods the Game Official will put 21 minutes on the clock and it is entirely up to the teams to be ready to start the periods at the 20 minute mark.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Games will be played under the NHL RULES AND ENFORCEMENT with modifications being noted in this sub section.
2. The defensive blue line will be utilized for the purpose of calling Icing Infractions.
3. Pucks that hit the netting in all areas of the rink shall be considered in play and play will continue.
4. If a player receives 3 penalties in one game they will receive a game ejection and will serve a 2 game suspension. If the same player comes back from suspension in the same season and receives another 3 penalties in the same game they will be suspended from participating in IHWC league play until further notice.
5. If a player receives two of the following stick infractions high-sticking, slashing, or cross-checking in the same game they will receive a game ejection and will serve a 2 game suspension. .If the same player comes back from suspension and receives another game ejection for stick infractions they will be suspended from participating in IHWC league play.
6. Hooking will not be tolerated and will be called according to the NHL style. If you turn your blade over and impede the opponents progress with the blade of your stick you will be called for hooking. If you establish body position with the puck carrier hooking of the stick will be permitted.
7. Fighting, Attempting to Fight, or Attempting to Injure an opponent will result in a Lifetime Ban from participating in IHWC Adult Leagues or Open Hockey.
8. Accidental High Sticking Infractions that cause injury will result in a Game Ejection with no further suspension.
9. Any Major Penalty that is assessed will result in an Automatic Game Ejection with further discipline action being taken depending on the type of infraction.
10. In regards to the kicking of the puck in the net the following determination will be used. If a player utilizes a kicking motion comparable to the kicking of a soccer ball in this situation only will the goal be disallowed. All other situations the goal will stand.
11. The following point system will be utilized for the standings.
2 points for regulation win
2 points for overtime win
1 point for shootout loss
0 point for regulation loss
12. While Zamboni is on the ice players will be permitted to stretch along the boards. Absolutely no pucks on the ice until the Zamboni doors have closed. For the team violating this rule they will start the game shorthanded.
13. Pucks will be provided for warm-ups. After the warm-up is over please put the pucks back in the bucket and in penalty bench.
14. Minor penalties will be 3 minutes in duration and the official will let you know what time the penalty will expire. Penalties assessed in stop time frame will be 2 minutes in duration.
15. For the free agent players IHWC reserves the right to switch players around on different teams for the purpose of balancing the teams equally.
16. Remember; it is a privilege to play at the Indian Hill Winter Club, so treat the facility as you would if it was something very important to you.
17. At no time can a defenseman put his stick on the back or body of opponent when battling for position in front of the net.
18. Centers can only play the face-off. Once puck is dropped and no one wins the draw feel free to tie up your opponent. Once puck has left the immediate face off location you are not permitted to hold, interfere, obstruct, or hook your opponent.
19. In the event that you need subs you may only recruit Members that are rostered at or below the division in which the game is being played. All subs must be on a roster on a team within the division for the team they are subbing for. For example in a lower d4 game you cannot recruit a sub from division 4 who is not on a lower d4 roster and cannot recruit a player from a lower division if they are not on a roster in division the sub is needed.. Subs are not permitted to play in Overtime.
20. Captains please record your scores on Team Snap.